[Asterisk-Dev] How to Set up an voip infrastructure using Open source

phu at bevertec.com phu at bevertec.com
Thu Feb 10 10:08:40 MST 2005

  Dear guys:

  I'm researching to construct a voip-based java web-application integrated
  to the legacy product.

  I haven't been sure what software and hardware will be used for our
  development.

  App features:
    1. automatically dial customers to send message to voicemail boxes
    2. IVR vxml application

  Could you help me out the following issues:

    1. SIP proxy: Asterisk/SER, which one provide better java application
  interface for UA application?

    2. UA SDK/API: what resource can be used to connect to SIP proxy for
  java application development(dialing, TTS, Recognization, voiceXML
  interpreter)?

    3. gateway: What gateway hardware is generally used to bridge IP-PBX ?

    4. JAIN SIP: How do you think about JAIN SIP originated from SUN for
  java application development?

    5. VOIP Forum: Could you please direct to a popular VOIP development
Forum?

  Thank you very much.

  Paul Hu
  phu at bevertec.com