[Asterisk-Dev] Modification of app_dial to use long tone to terminate or transfer call

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Feb 10 13:11:41 MST 2005

izo wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 02:01:09 -0800, Trevor G. Hammonds wrote:
>
>>I am interested in knowing if anyone has plans to modify app_dial to have
>>the ability to monitor for a long DTMF tone, or multiple occurrences within
>>a short time, to hangup or transfer the call in progress, rather than just
>>exiting immediately on the occurrence of the * or # tone.
>>

> for me it seems that its much easier to add ability of pressing double
> # or double * or any other combination within few seconds let's say
> 2-3 seconds.

Already built into CVS HEAD.

asterisk*CLI> show features
Feature                   Default Current
-------                   ------- -------
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       #
Attended Transfer
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call           *       *
asterisk*CLI>

- and -
in /etc/asterisk/features.conf

;pickupexten = *8
;featuredigittimeout = 500

[featuremap]
;blindxfer => #1                ; Blind transfer
;disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect
;automon => *1                  ; One Touch Record
;atxfer => *2                   ; Attended transfer

You can define disconnect and both types of transfer to be any number of
key presses.  This will not be back-ported to 1.0.X, will be in 1.2.X
whenever that comes out.

-Chris