[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk - failover from g729 to gsm capable?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Feb 9 05:45:27 MST 2005

> I have purchased several g729 codecs from Digium. Thing is, if I configure iax.conf to
disallow=ulaw, allow=g729, allow=gsm, yet even when
> running out of licenses it doesn't try to use gsm. Is there a way I could get this to work? I
posted to *-users but got no response. Seems to me
> that wherever Asterisk is detecting it is out of licenses it could check for other codecs.
Maybe the issue is that the call has already been
> connected at that point.

Asterisk does not have any default code that would fail over to another
codec if you are out of licenses. (Not a bad idea, but its not there
today. You might consider opening a bug to ask for that as a feature.)