[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk - failover from g729 to gsm capable?

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Tue Feb 8 21:59:10 MST 2005

Hi,

I have purchased several g729 codecs from Digium. Thing is, if I configure
iax.conf to disallow=ulaw, allow=g729, allow=gsm, yet even when running
out of licenses it doesn't try to use gsm. Is there a way I could get this
to work? I posted to *-users but got no response. Seems to me that
wherever Asterisk is detecting it is out of licenses it could check for
other codecs. Maybe the issue is that the call has already been connected
at that point.

Thanks,
-Ron