[Asterisk-Dev] CDRs with ms and not just seconds

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Tue Feb 8 06:52:47 MST 2005

Hello,

Kai Militzer wrote:
[skip]
> In my opionion it would make great differences in billing. A glitch of a
> few mili-seconds at hangup of a call, may result in a difference of one
> full second between my * CDRs and those of my telco.

Difference in call duration registered at directly connected exchanges usually within 1 sec, exceptionally within 2-3
sec. You can't have equal duration on full call path due to signalling transmission/processing times (for example, PRI's
DISCONNECT packet usually about 10 bytes long and uses about 1 ms to transmit, plus delays on transmission systems like
SDH, etc., packet processing time and so).

WBR,
Paul.