[Asterisk-Dev] help needed implementing H324M (UMTS Video)

Sun Feb 6 14:56:19 MST 2005

Hi Nicolas!

Thanks for your answer - it's good to see that somebody is interested in
this project.

I'm yet not sure were to put the gateway - the strange thing is that
H.324 are 2 calls in one. There is at first the call to setup a data
channel - e.g. on ISDN a B channel will be setup using Q931 signaling in
the D channel. After the B channel is established, H.245 will be used
setup the video call).

I'm not sure if the H.223 framing should be done in zaptel. If the call
is on a i4l or capi channel it should work too. Thus, the framing should
be on top of the PSTN channels.

Currently I'm working on other projects and put this project on hold,
but if you going to work on it, I can help you with H.324M details
(specifications) and my personal experiences.

regards,
klaus

PS: Please see also my other email in this thread.