[Asterisk-Dev] wctdm driver broken?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Feb 6 08:31:07 MST 2005

Hi,

Several people recently commented that if they connect a FAX machine to
a port on a Digium FXS card they can send faxes from the FAX machine OK,
but the FAX machine cannot receive them reliably. I have been doing some
testing of spandsp, talking to a FAX machine and a Dialogic card
connected to ports on a Digium TDM card, for the first time last spring,
and seem to be getting the same problem.

When I did similar tests last spring I could send large (20-30 page)
faxes in both directions over and over without failure. Now I can't sent
more than one or two pages before communication falls apart in the
middle of a page. It looks like frame slips are occuring on transmit
where they never used to. Receive seems to be OK. I suspect something
has been broken in the driver in the past few months.

I ought to get the zaptel source code from a year ago and try that for
comparison, but I haven't yet. Does anyone have any other evidence
related to the behaviour of these cards and their driver?

Regards,
Steve