[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 trunk really should send timestamps as part of iax2_meta_trunk_entry..

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Feb 4 23:02:20 MST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

> In my mind we'll only ever get dejittering and the trunking code to play
> nicely once the trunking code gives each enclosed frame its own timestamp.

Hmmm - I did think of a hack that might fix this issue without having to
have a timestamp for EVERY enclosed frame - which is to just send the
timestamp for the FIRST frame.

The trunk frame either all arrives or none.  By comparing the one received
timestamp with the last received for that channel we can get an offset and
use that offset to recover the timestamps for all the other frames in the
trunk frame.

Wouldn't that work? (it was a half-asleep brainwave - so don't shoot me if
its dumb!)

Steve