[Asterisk-Dev] Thoughts on call progress detection

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Wed Feb 2 06:13:54 MST 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Samuel Tardieu waxed:

> I just read the code for call progress detection in dsp.c. What should
> be implemented to have a universal and useful call progress detection?
> I could think of a few needed features:
>
>   - get various tones indications from a file (indications.conf?) for
>     every country or phone system

I would suggest a separate file because the goal is not to
indicate tones but detect them.  dsp != indications

>   - be able to indicate in the dial plan the target of a PSTN call (if
>     I call the US from France, I understand that the US ringing or
>     congestion tones will be used, if France is called from the US,
>     french tones will be used)

I think this is already available with the 'progzone'
variable in zapata.conf, it just depends where you define
it -- like any other variable in that file.

> Are there any current plan to enhance the call progress detection?

There was a patch not too long ago to add Brazil tone
detection which was very similar to Costa Rica detection.
However, progress detection is still labeled as 'HIGHLY
EXPERIMENTAL' in zapata.conf, so that probably gives you
room to improve things.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester