[Asterisk-Dev] Thoughts on call progress detection

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Wed Feb 2 04:54:25 MST 2005

I just read the code for call progress detection in dsp.c. What should
be implemented to have a universal and useful call progress detection?
I could think of a few needed features:

  - get various tones indications from a file (indications.conf?) for
    every country or phone system

  - be able to indicate in the dial plan the target of a PSTN call (if
    I call the US from France, I understand that the US ringing or
    congestion tones will be used, if France is called from the US,
    french tones will be used)

Are there any current plan to enhance the call progress detection?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam