[Asterisk-Dev] C++ AGI debuggin

Matthew A. Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Thu Dec 29 11:13:27 MST 2005

One thing you can do, is pretend to be asterisk while running your
script from the command line.  This requires some knowledge of the agi
protocol and what the asterisk server is supposed to be doing.

You can also print a verbose message when your script starts, then
execute a wait, and during that time connect to your script via GDB, or
if your fancy GUI debugging tools support remote debugging, you could
use those as well.

Danish Samad wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am looking for ways to debug a custom C++ agi. By debugging I imply
> inserting breakpoints in my code and stepping through it, prefereably
> using tools such as ddd or kdevelop. I have been trying different things
> but none seems to work. Looking forward to your response.
>
> Thanks.
> Danish

Matthew A. Nicholson
Digium