[Asterisk-Dev] C++ AGI debuggin

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 11 12:22:09 MST 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:52:59PM +0500, Danish Samad wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am looking for ways to debug a custom C++ agi. By debugging I imply
> inserting breakpoints in my code and stepping through it, prefereably using
> tools such as ddd or kdevelop. I have been trying different things but none
> seems to work. Looking forward to your response.

AGI allows you to execute an arbitrary executable. That executable can
be a nice wrapper shell script of the sort of:

#!/bin/sh
DEBUGGER=ddd
DISPLAY=whatever
# you may need to set xauth credentals here or do whatever it takes to
# make that X client work in your display
DISPLAY=$DISPLAY exec $DEBUGGER "$@"

There would probably be some further adjustments necessary, as I figure
that this simplistic command line syntax will not work with either
kdevelop or ddd. Or use a remote gdb?

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com