[Asterisk-Dev] Re: ztdummy? is it necessary?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 29 01:51:20 MST 2005

For some platforms, I guess that a kernel-level driver like ztdummy is
not needed. Would it be possible, as a compromise for portability, to
abstract the interface to the timer within Asterisk?

Instead of calling zaptel for timing, we could call an Asterisk API
function that on some systems would rely on Zaptel and on some platforms
would do some other magic?

Or are we already doing that? I haven't worked with that part of the code...

/O