[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk does not handle call from a Cisco IAD correctly

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Dec 27 14:07:15 MST 2005

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 14:15, James Sizemore wrote:
> I think I found what is munging up the peer lookup:
>
> This call from another Asterisk box starts:
>
> <-- SIP read from 192.168.69.254:5060:
>
> The peer lookup that fail reads:
>
> <-- SIP read from 192.168.7.250:52141:
>
> Asterisk seem to be thrown off by the fact that the return port is
> not 5060, and fails the peer lookup.  This is a * bug then. I have
> documented it with both 1.0.9 and 1.2.1. Time to dig through the sip
> code.

No, this is actually sane.  This is necessary behavior in order to
support multiple SIP clients from behind the same NAT.  Asterisk needs
to know the control port for your host, and it needs to stay consistent
between a REGISTER and an INVITE.  If Asterisk sees a different control
port, it quite naturally assumes that that's a different client.

--
Tilghman