[Asterisk-Dev] channel monitoring - use MixMonitor instead of Monitor

Wolfgang Pichler madmin at dialog-telekom.at
Tue Dec 27 09:20:27 MST 2005

Am Dienstag, den 27.12.2005, 10:58 -0500 schrieb BJ Weschke:
> On 12/27/05, Wolfgang Pichler <madmin at dialog-telekom.at> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i've looked a little bit into the channel Monitoring applications
> > Monitor and MixMonitor (and at res_features - builtin_automonitor).
> >
> > As far as i can see (and what i have read) - MixMonitor is better than
> > Monitor (it does set the var MIXMONITOR_FILENAME - on which one of my
> > applications depends, it does mix the two streams on the fly...)
> > So why is builtin_automonitor (used with dial option w and W to start
> > recording a conversation) not using the application MixMonitor ?
> >
> > Should i file a bug about this ?
> >

>  It's not using the application MixMonitor yet because I think
> MixMonitor itself was relatively new before 1.2 was released and it
> was thought to leave Monitor in place there and in agent recording
> rather than risk stability/usability issues with the new release
> version. I would fully expect that MixMonitor will replace Monitor in
> the next major release for a number of reasons which Kevin Fleming and
> yourself have pointed out in numerous previous posts.
ok - so what about making it configureable ? - So that the user can
choose wheter to use Monitor or MixMonitor...

or, to match my needs, add to the Monitor application a method to set a
channelvar MONITOR_FILENAME to the corresponding filename... (that is
what i have done for now - should i add this to bugs.digium.com ?)

regards,
Wolfgang