[Asterisk-Dev] channel monitoring - use MixMonitor instead of Monitor

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 08:58:40 MST 2005

On 12/27/05, Wolfgang Pichler <madmin at dialog-telekom.at> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i've looked a little bit into the channel Monitoring applications
> Monitor and MixMonitor (and at res_features - builtin_automonitor).
>
> As far as i can see (and what i have read) - MixMonitor is better than
> Monitor (it does set the var MIXMONITOR_FILENAME - on which one of my
> applications depends, it does mix the two streams on the fly...)
> So why is builtin_automonitor (used with dial option w and W to start
> recording a conversation) not using the application MixMonitor ?
>
> Should i file a bug about this ?

 It's not using the application MixMonitor yet because I think
MixMonitor itself was relatively new before 1.2 was released and it
was thought to leave Monitor in place there and in agent recording
rather than risk stability/usability issues with the new release
version. I would fully expect that MixMonitor will replace Monitor in
the next major release for a number of reasons which Kevin Fleming and
yourself have pointed out in numerous previous posts.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/