[Asterisk-Dev] Change 'timelimit' on 'config' in a bridge.

Håkon Nessjøen haakon.nessjoen at loopback.no
Thu Dec 22 03:48:15 MST 2005

Hi,

I have made a change to manager.c, to include an action called "ChangeTime".
This will change the 'timelimit' variable on the config variable of a
bridge.

My only problem is that this variable is just read when the first
bridge-event is
happening. Like when it is supposed to warn you about little time.

I have looked in channel.c at the funtion: ast_channel_bridge
The for(ever) loop is where the config->timelimit is read to figure out when
to warn.
But it is waiting somewhere inside the loop before the loop is read the
second(or more) times.
This waiting-time is equal to the time it should wait for the first warning.

Where in this for loop does it "sleep", and how can I make it to read the
loop again (and
then re-read the config->timelimit variable)?

The changetime-concept of mine works when the first warning sound is
scheduled. I can then
increase the time, or decrease.

My goal is to be able to change 'timelimit' on a live bridge. And I feel so
close, I just need it to re-read it
somewhat more frequent.

Anyone have any tips for me?

Håkon Nessjøen