[Asterisk-Dev] offer: packet cable for asterisk

plexorama plexorama at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:13:01 MST 2005

hello asterisk community,

most of us have participated in this project since the beginning of
Asterisk. I remember entering the Asterisk community nearly 3 years ago at
version 0.3.0. since than the system has undergone many changes, things
improoved dramatically. the system has matured to a fairly complex and
flexible platfrom yet there are still bits missing to make it a complete
voip solution: PacketCable (R) Support.

I've spent the last two years in a dark room developing and improoving a
PacketCable (R) channel interface for asterisk and I'm very proud to
announce a PacketCable/NCS compliant interface for Asterisk.

For now the channel driver is PacketCable 1.0/1.1 compliant. The interface
has been tested with variuos cable modems. Motorola CG4500, SBV4200,  Arris
402, 405. Just to name a few. All of them have successfully passed the tests
including Fax over Cable. (!!!)

Well, just to clear things up a bit. I'm not going to release source for the
channel driver for now as it needs further development and therefore I'm
asking if there is anyone interested in financing the final phase of the
project?  I know there are small and mid sized cable ops. waiting for such a
solution, so don't hesitate to get in touch with me!!

However, ultimately the source will be released to the public, whether or
not it will be included into Asterisk depends on Mark & Digium.

and least, but not last, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this
spam.

With Kind Regards,
plexorama