[Asterisk-Dev] Blind transferred user does not hear phone ring while waiting for phone to be picked up.

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Thu Dec 15 06:20:50 MST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I did post to the user area but got no response
and I posted here before I report this as a bug. I am using SIP and I am
very familiar with the problems caused by codec and dtmfmode mismatch.
(things like using 'inband' without specifying 'ulaw' or 'alaw' codec).
I am able to hear voicemail and music on hold without a problem. I have
tried both with and without the 'r' option. The phones work fine (I hear
ringing when an extension is called) except when a transfer is made. The
ringing only stops working when a blind transfer is made. If I use the
'm' option then the transferred caller hears music on hold as they
should. If I dont use any options or the 'r' option no ringing occurs
for the transferred caller - this is why I think it is a bug, but I am
trying to confirm it before reporting it as there are too many reported
bugs that are not bugs.

Thanks