[Asterisk-Dev] Blind transferred user does not hear phone ring while waiting for phone to be picked up.

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Dec 14 23:11:00 MST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Chuck Bunn wrote:

> Opps I forgot to mention I am using Asterisk 1.2.1 and I had the same
> problem with 1.0.9 and 1.2.0

Hi Chuck,

A key missing piece of information wrt this post and your other ringback
issues is what sort of phones you are using.

The "r" option on Dial should not be used as a rule.  It "papers over" all
the normal Asterisk call-progress handling.  We usually want the caller to
hear the inband audio because it will be "remote" ringback, sometimes
announcements etc.

My guess is that you are using a SIP phone.  That phone is receiving the
inband ringback and is also generating a local ringback.

But can you set out the test setup in some detail.

(You should put it to asterisk-users, not -dev).

Steve