[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk1.2.1+realtimedb+voicemail+contexts=bug

Frank Aartman f.aartman at edutel.nl
Mon Dec 12 03:41:30 MST 2005

(I also posted this mail on the userlist)

It doesn't work anymore!

When Voicemail(501 at company) is executed, the context is ignored in
Asterisk 1.2.1 with realtime voicemailboxes. I upgraded from 1.2.0 to
1.2.1 and it stopped working.

When the option searchcontext=yes, and looking at the debug messages of
the database queries the WHERE statement doesn't contain the search for
context! As a result several mailboxes are returned, all with the same
box# but different contexts.

When putting searchcontexts=no it simply puts context='' in the WHERE
statement, only giving mailboxes with an empty context as a result!

Reading through online documentation, the searchcontexts parameter
should only apply to behaviour when a mailbox is NOT found with the
given parameters. It then should look in the default context (when
sc=no) or look in all contexts (sc=yes). I am assuming searchcontexts
applies to any Voicemail execution now, not only when a mailbox is not
found.

Commenting out the searchcontexts parameter has the same behaviour as if
it is disabled.

When initialising the mailboxes statically, they do work. Only the
realtime voicemailboxes seem to have the bug.

Cheers,

Frank Aartman