[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip confused when distant end sends another port for contact info

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Fri Dec 9 10:14:52 MST 2005

I am trying to connect by sip to a distant end (Bellsouth). They have a
sip-aware Lucent firewall. It returns a contact header with a new port. (I
had previously posted about this and was told to turn off NAT=YES so that
the contact header would be obeyed.

Now, I get this:

Port 5060 to Port 5060 Invite
Port 5060 to Port 5060 100 Trying
Port 5060 to Port 5060 180 Ringing
	(with Contact header directing to port 32815)
Port 5060 to Port 32815 ACK

Which looks great, but then, rather than starting an RTP stream as
specified in the 200 OK, we get another set of invites and responses
exactly the same way.  This goes on about four times then stops.

Any idea what's going on?

sip.conf:
[bellsouth]
type=friend