[Asterisk-Dev] continue call for callee after caller hangup

Tristan Graham - Skymarket Ltd tristan.graham at skymarket.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 09:28:12 MST 2005

Hi Jeremy,

I did look at using MeetMe but as far as I could work out both parties
would need to dial into the system in order to connect them both in
and/or the calling party would be answered regardless of the
availability of the called party. Is this the case or is there a way to
call out to the called party ?

Effectively what needs to be achieved is that party A calls a number
that connects to Asterisk, Asterisk then calls party B and bridges the
two. Following call termination of party A, party B then gets connected
to the call options menu.

Tristan.

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 09:35 -0500, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Tristan Graham - Skymarket Ltd wrote:
> > Is there a better way to go about doing this or should I make up a
> > suggested patch for people to take a look at ?
>

> Use a MeetMe.
>

> Jeremy McNamara
Tristan Graham
Network Manager
tristan.graham at skymarket.co.uk
Tel : 0870 474 8888 - Fax : 0870 474 8899
Skymarket Ltd - Providing a pathway to the future…
Domain names, web site solutions, e-commerce, secure payment
gateways, leased lines, server co-location, dedicated hosting
solutions.

For more information on these and other services that we have to
offer visit our website that can be found @ www.skymarket.co.uk
This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient
and it  may contain confidential information.  If you have
received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone
and delete the e-mail.  You must not copy, distribute, disclose
or take any action in reliance on it.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain
software viruses which could damage your own computer system.
Whilst steps have been taken to minimize this risk, we do not
accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of
software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks in
keeping with good computing practice.

Please also note that e-mail is not a secure method of
communication. The views and comments within this e-mail are
those of the sender, and may not necessarily reflect those of
Skymarket Limited