[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: simplifying sip configuration sections

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Dec 7 12:30:21 MST 2005

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> This said, while they are a great mechanism to provide default
> values for similar entries, they still do not address completely
> my concerns on long individual entries.

I don't think I understand the value of it being one line vs. multiple
lines. It's nearly the same number of characters, but harder to read and
parse. There are many entries that won't be able to be merged into that
single line (the boolean options, codec allowances, IP address masks,
etc.) so it will still require a multiple line entry.