[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Originate Call and Unique ID

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 31 03:23:34 MST 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 12:29, Joerg Lauer wrote:
> Stefan Reuter wrote:
> >>Is this okay, was there a change in asterisk, so only successfull
> >> calls will have a unique ID from now on? If yes, how would I solve
> >> this problem then?
> >
> > If you set the Async attribute of your Originate Action to 'true' and
> > provide an ActionID you receive an OriginateFailure or
> > OriginateSuccess event (linked via ActionID) that provide you with the
> > information you need.
> >
> > =Stefan
>
> I already have the Async attribute set to true. The problem is, that
> while I can recognize a successfully made Originate this way, through
> its then available unique ID, I don't see any way to tell why a failed
> call failed.
> Unfortunately I need the failure reason (Busy, Noanswer, etc) to change
> the way the IVR responds. (I.e. use a different way of alarming someone
> if the outbound line is unavailable, etc)

Yes. We have started porting asterisk-prepaid to 1.2beta1 and have just hit
this problem also. The ability to set the Async attribute is a nice
feature actually, but if you lose the ability to detect why a call failed.
For LCR + retries to work we need to ability to do different types of call
retries depending on the failure reason.
This definitely needs to be fixed before release!

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/