***SPAM*** Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Originate Call and Unique ID

Joerg Lauer lauer at osiag.de
Wed Aug 31 02:29:52 MST 2005

Stefan Reuter wrote:
>>Is this okay, was there a change in asterisk, so only successfull calls
>>will have a unique ID from now on? If yes, how would I solve this
>>problem then?
>

> If you set the Async attribute of your Originate Action to 'true' and
> provide an ActionID you receive an OriginateFailure or OriginateSuccess
> event (linked via ActionID) that provide you with the information you
> need.
>
> =Stefan

I already have the Async attribute set to true. The problem is, that
while I can recognize a successfully made Originate this way, through
its then available unique ID, I don't see any way to tell why a failed
call failed.
Unfortunately I need the failure reason (Busy, Noanswer, etc) to change
the way the IVR responds. (I.e. use a different way of alarming someone
if the outbound line is unavailable, etc)

Joerg