[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 exten@context dialing removed?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Aug 29 16:19:49 MST 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 17:39, Chris A. Icide wrote:
> Has the IAX2 dialing function that allows you to specify both the
> extension and context when sending a call to a IAX destination been
> removed?
>
> Using HEAD from 8/28/2005, assuming the context 'test-context' exists
> in the dialplan and has _X.,1,NoOp as an extension in the context for
> peer known as abc
>
> >From a fully authorized peer (def), who has context=test-context'
>
> defined in it's entry in abc's iax.conf file:
>
> Dial(IAX2/def at abc/1234)
>
> Works fine, we see the noop execute
>
> Now if we remove any context= entry from [def] in abc's iax.conf, but
> leave everything else the same
>
> Dial(IAX2/def at abc/1234 at test-context)
>
> Fails with Reject: No Authorization

That's a feature.  It's to allow remote entrants only into the contexts
into which they are explicitly permitted.  Note that you can have more
than one context defined (via multiple context= lines) for each user.
If it were not this way, then any user permitted to connect to your
system could access any context on your system, whether or not you
had authorized them to (a possible security hole).

--
Tilghman