[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 exten@context dialing removed?

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Mon Aug 29 15:39:36 MST 2005

Has the IAX2 dialing function that allows you to specify both the
extension and context when sending a call to a IAX destination been removed?

Using HEAD from 8/28/2005, assuming the context 'test-context' exists in
the dialplan and has _X.,1,NoOp as an extension in the context for peer
known as abc

>From a fully authorized peer (def), who has context=test-context'
defined in it's entry in abc's iax.conf file:

Dial(IAX2/def at abc/1234)

Works fine, we see the noop execute

Now if we remove any context= entry from [def] in abc's iax.conf, but
leave everything else the same

Dial(IAX2/def at abc/1234 at test-context)

Fails with Reject: No Authorization

Here is debug from abc's side

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] -- OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 000 Type: IAX     Subclass: NEW
   Timestamp: 00002ms  SCall: 00002  DCall: 00000 [1.2.3.4:4569]
   VERSION         : 2
   CALLED NUMBER   : 1234
   CODEC_PREFS     : (ulaw)
   CALLING NUMBER  : 5678
   CALLING PRESNTN : 0
   CALLING TYPEOFN : 0
   CALLING TRANSIT : 0
   CALLING NAME    : DEF Corp.
   LANGUAGE        : en
   CALLED CONTEXT  : test-context
   USERNAME        : def
   FORMAT          : 4
   CAPABILITY      : 63492
   ADSICPE         : 2
   DATE TIME       : 2005-08-29  15:10:08

Aug 29 14:41:39 NOTICE[2046]: chan_iax2.c:6752 socket_read: Rejected
connect attempt from 1.2.3.4, who was trying to reach '1234 at test-context'

If I leave everything else the same as in the above failed attempt but,
add back in the context= entry in the iax.config on abc for def, then of
course it works fine, but I cannot specify the context I want to enter
in the dial-plan from anymore,  I'm stuck entering in the one specified
in the config (which is what it should do).  So it appears this
functionality has either changed and requires a special directive I
haven't found, or it's been removed?

-Chris