[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.2.0-beta1 Released

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Aug 26 18:39:27 MST 2005

The first beta of Asterisk 1.2.0 has been released! It is available from
the ftp.digium.com FTP servers, as well as the Digium CVS servers (under
the 'v1-2-0-beta1' tag).

This version of Asterisk represents a significant improvement in
features, stability and compatibility over the 1.0.x releases. Some of
the major new (or upgraded) features include:

     * Asterisk Realtime Architecture
     * Asterisk Manager Interface
     * Asterisk Extension Language
     * Dialplan functions
     * More powerful dialplan expression parser
     * Portability enhancements for FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X
     * ... and many more!

We ask all interested community members to download and install the beta
release (on a non-production server) and report their findings via our
bug tracker. Please be sure to read the UPGRADE.txt file in the
distribution before upgrading your server, as there are a large number
of changes that you will need to be aware of (some of them are not
backwards compatible with the 1.0.x releases).

We want to extend our thanks to all the community members whose
contributions have made this release possible; without their support,
testing and other involvement we would not have reached this milestone
so soon!