[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk test-o-matic

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 25 12:53:41 MST 2005

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
>
>>> Kristian Kielhofner
>>>
>>>     So, a crazy idea just hit me...  What about making an Asterisk
>>> patch-o-matic?  As some of you know, I created AstLinux, a distro for
>>> running Asterisk.  It has turned out to be quite adaptable, and I am
>>> wondering if it might be able to help with another problem: Asterisk
>>> patches.
>>>
>> Kristian, the biggest issue with this is it would require all patches to
>> be up to date and able to be applied at all times.  This is not
>> currently the case and is a manual process to do so.
>
>     It would not be for ALL patches, just a whitelist of a select few.
> For instance, Olle has asked several times over the last couple of days
> for people to test patch XXX.  How easy would it be to grab that patch,
> add it to the whitelist of compile-able patches, and off you go...

I think it would be great. This was the original reason that I once
started the chan_sip2 project - there was so many untested patches in
the tracker that was hard to put together in a simple module. If we
could create a few simple patched modules and make it easier to test
them, it would really help.

/Olle