[Asterisk-Dev] Right place to plug in a CSTA(partial) implementation

Apollon Koutlides apollon at planewalk.net
Mon Aug 22 03:12:04 MST 2005

dorn hetzel wrote:

>I need a CSTA interface for Asterisk.  At present, I don't need *all*
>of CSTA, just the parts that will be used by an existing application.
>I don't see any completed or nearly so implementations out there (Am I
>missing one or more?).
>
>My present thoughts are to do this as a "translating proxy" which will
>listen to and respond to CSTA messages and then communicate with
>Asterisk using the manager protocol.   Anybody willing to (a) confirm
>that this seems reasonable?, (b) throw rotten fruit and tell me how I
>should be doing it?, (c) offer to help?

I would guess that the right place to do such a job would be within the
astman-proxy project... that would also give you call-control facilities
over multiple asterisk boxen, as well as relieve you from having to
write the proxy code. We here ("here" is  a Greek telco) are currently
considering implementing a Call Control interface in that manner, we
just haven't decided yet which one this should be (TCAP and CSTA are
among these) - there might even be some hope of effort-saving if project
timings converge.