[Asterisk-Dev] res_monitor improvement

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Sun Aug 14 17:30:16 MST 2005

> > I'm thinking it would improve things a lot if res_monitor
> > dumps the audio to tmfs based /tmp or to ramdisk and then
> > joins/copies the files to final destination after recording
> > is complete.
> >

> If you look in mantis at bugs.digium.com there is a new app called
> muxmon that muxes the audio as it goes, so there is no need for the
> heavy cpu to mix them after.  This may be an even better solution.

Mike, I was more thinking about buffering for writes.
Tmpfs or ramdisk would ensure that data dumped would go to memory and
then from there its much more efficient to let linux transfer the file
to hdd.
Larger DMA buffer and less stress on the system in overall.

Most of the time the files don't even end up on the server anyway and go
directly to remote fs, so why let it go to hdd at all.

Regards