[Asterisk-Dev] Henning G. Schulzrinne quote on IAX2 from vonmagazine

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Sat Aug 13 12:38:04 MST 2005

>I hereby kill this thread and take it to the -users list.
>

>Actually this should be on -dev because IAX2 does have scalability issues.
It will not >and CAN NOT scale to large >scales. This is due to the single
thread that handles all >traffic in and out of the single UDP port. As you
start to >load the box with calls the
>call quality starts to degrade and the delay shoots thru the roof. You have
one queue

That'd be a problem in chan_iax2, not IAX2, no?

But I'll add: with the current implementation, you can't even *register*
many users, let alone take calls from them...

-Michael