[Asterisk-Dev] Outbound proxy: Asterisk not using fromdomain when REGISTERing

Michael Lunsford michael.lunsford at cbeyond.net
Wed Aug 10 17:07:10 MST 2005

Thanks Kevin. I did notice that the register is tied somewhat, at least,
to the sip peers b/c it is populating the From and To header with the
"host" defined in the peer.

So is there a feature assigned in the bug tracker for this? Or does it
not belong there?

Below is what I saw. Notice how the REGISTER contains host configured in
the sip peer.

register =>
6783972034:6783972034 at customer3.lab1.cbeyond.net:5060/6783972034

[customer3.lab1.cbeyond.net]
host=sipconnect.lab1.cbeyond.net
fromdomain=customer3.lab1.cbeyond.net

REGISTER sent:
Session Initiation Protocol
    Request line: REGISTER sip:customer3.lab1.cbeyond.net SIP/2.0
<sip:6783972034 at sipconnect.lab1.cbeyond.net>;tag=as37928848
        To: <sip:6783972034 at sipconnect.lab1.cbeyond.net>
        Call-ID:
461bb6ab2ef04be2145ea5fb66b62276 at customer3.lab1.cbeyond.net

Asterisk CVS-HEAD built by root at casholejr on a i686 running Linux on
2005-08-10 17:40:07 UTC

Thanks,
Michael