[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Wed Aug 10 08:46:11 MST 2005

      On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
    > That's like saying "car brand X's transmission drops out if you
    > shift into neutral while driving, you're an idiot if you don't know
    > this."

Daniel is more like saying "car brand X's transmissino drops out if you
shift into reverse and release the clutch while driving [forward].
You're an idiot if you don't know this."  I think that's closer match to
"MySQL will fill your date field with '0000-00-00' if you insert the
string 'crap' in a date field, [stupid]".

For most critical applications it may not be too wise to lean fully on the
RDBMS to protect you from your inexperience.

Rgds,
Gerald.