[Asterisk-Dev] High-Bandwidth codecs (again) G.722.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Aug 7 07:42:59 MST 2005

John Todd wrote:

> Digium et. al.:  Does anyone have a real lawyer they could ask about the
> license terms and how it might apply to inclusion in Asterisk?  I don't
> think it would ever be able to go into any of the "official"
> distribution packages or CVS trees, since Digium has special disclaimers
> for that code, but perhaps it could be a separate plug-in downloaded
> from a different location?

Yes, we have legal counsel available to us if needed, but given the
obvious lack of disclaimer, I don't think we could expend any resources
determining whether it could be used in an out-of-tree module legally or
not. That burden might be better handled by the FSF's team (who wrote
the GPL) or one of the other open-source-license-approval groups.