[Asterisk-Dev] Re: PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Aug 6 09:33:00 MST 2005

On 12:01, Sat 06 Aug 05, Zachary Whitley wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 11:02 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>
> > dunno it's just not that important to me, nor do I see it solving any real
> > problems.
>
> It would make writing a web based configuration application much easier
> and secure ala postfixadmin.

I totally agree.
But a lot of others wont. They told me time after time to
put all in a database so you can manage it with a webapp and
when done, regenerate the flat files and signal asterisk to
reload. Now this may work with only 1 or 2 ppl changing
dialplan, but imagine a server with around 300+ customers
all wanting to reload asterisk over and over again, because
they are setting up IVR's or holiday dialplans.
That's what realtime can solve.
And if RT could use postgres.....

Just my 2 cents

Michiel