[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk-to-IVR Problem

Rollin Weeks rollin.sling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:18:13 MST 2005

Sorry for the learning curve glitch.

Here is the first part of my original message.

I am developing an application in which I need asterisk to pass on an
incoming call to a separate IVR server. The problem is that asterisk appears
to hang up while the IVR is playing back a sequence of recorded voice and
systhesized voice prompts.

My setup is:

Analog line ->X100P->asterisk->TDM10B- >phone cord->Dialogic analog
port->IVR system.

Asterisk should dial the IVR system, which should answer and play back its
IVR scenario script to the caller. However, when a call comes in, asterisk
answers on Zap1-1 and dials Zap2-1. The IVR system answers the call and
begins to play back its scenario. After 5 to 15 seconds, asterisk apparently
senses an on-hook condition (exception 17?) and disconnects the connection
bridge. The logs on the IVR system shows that it is not initially aware of
the hangup, and continues playing its scenario.

Going to an analog phone in the TDM10B instead of the IVR system appears to
work OK, with the exception that asterisk is still sending dial tones when
the analog phone is answered. The phone stays connected to asterisk until it
really does hang up.

What causes the hangup? What generates the exception? I have looked at the
chan_zap.c code and can not see how zt_exception gets into the picture. Is
there a TDMF incompatibility problem? Is this a case where DAX should be
used?

My config files and sample debug output are given below. Thanks for anyone's
help.

Rollin Weeks