[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 3 04:21:36 MST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 00:38, Daniel Swarbrick wrote:
> I'm confused by the the fact that MySQL seems to be mentioned the most
> when reading Wiki entries about Asterisk Realtime, yet it is only in the
> Asterisk-addons package. If the MySQL licence is so much hassle to get
> around, why not just push the PgSQL support more vehemently?

AMEN.

MySQL is so prevalent because of its percieved easier barrier to entry...
Once people start using it and it starts mangling their data without so much
as a warning they think that all OSS databases suck hairy donkey balls.

Personally I think that the pgsql CDR module should be out of the standard
Asterisk install and everything done via ODBC but I'm not the one who makes
these kinds of decisions.  :-)

-A.