[Asterisk-Dev] PostgreSQL support in Asterisk 1.2?

Daniel Swarbrick asterisk at pressure.net.nz
Tue Aug 2 21:38:31 MST 2005

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm new to the list. I was
wondering whether PostgreSQL support would be offered by Asterisk 1.2,
for Asterisk Realtime configuration.

I realise it can be done via ODBC, but this seems a bit clunky
considering that the current Asterisk 1.0 branch already has support for
writing CDR logging to PgSQL.

I'm confused by the the fact that MySQL seems to be mentioned the most
when reading Wiki entries about Asterisk Realtime, yet it is only in the
Asterisk-addons package. If the MySQL licence is so much hassle to get
around, why not just push the PgSQL support more vehemently?