[Asterisk-Dev] List messages: CVS replay

Silik0nJesus (SwK) silik0njesus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:42:06 MST 2005

On 8/1/05, John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> wrote:

> So, we've had a 3+ day dry spell with no mail due to problems that
> have not yet been explained, but I'm sure have valid and reasonable
> explanations.  I think it would be a good idea to explain to the
> community what happened so we can understand the circumstances, but
> I'm sure that mail is already being written.
>
> I really don't have a lot of concern about the mail sent to the
> -users and -dev list (senders can re-send their messages) but what I
> would like to see is a replay of any CVS mail messages that have been
> submitted over the past few days, as those tend to actually be
> important.

Actually there is mailman and it was running just fine. Also, you can
check out cvs or mirror it with cvsup and read the commit logs...

As far as explanations, the list server crashed... such is life.. this
sort of thing happens. and is bound to happen again sooner or later.
(This *IS NOT* a negative poke at Digium., hardware fails, computers
crash, and Murphy's Law still Reigns Supreme)