[Asterisk-Dev] Getting ISDN line restart problem with TE110P

Steven critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 2 07:08:42 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:14 +0600, Nahid Hossain wrote:
> Hello,

Please choose one and only one list to post messages. Splatter posts are
rude.

> - In both cases, after Power Up, we observe that PCM signal comes up
> very
> clean and Layer 2 and 3 start-up nicely as expected with the
> following
> characteristics:
>
>       Customer Site (Nortel)                Digium
>
>       L1 Clock= Slave                        Master

On the single span cards, I have noticed that they don't seem to provide
consistent and accurate clock signal. If you reverse the timing above,
you may get better results.

>       CRC = Enabled both sides
>       HDB3 = Enabled both sides
>
>       L2 = User                                  Network
>
>       L3 = Euro ISDN=PRI-E1 both sides....Channels: 0=Sync   1-15
> Bearer
> 16= D channel    17-31= Bearer

> 2.- In several other occasions (about 50% of the time), we notice
> that
> Digium, Unexpectedly Starts sending L3 Restarts (Restart-->
> <--Restart
> Ack)
> for all 30 channels and at the Same time, Layer 1 sends a burst of
> Errors
> (CRC's and FCS's). This is the most worring situation because it
> trashes all
> calls.

The restarts are normal, now if you have a frame slip or other error
during this bit of D channel traffic, you can encounter too many errors
and drop the line.

--
Steven Critchfield
critch at basesys.com