[Asterisk-Dev] video in iax2 spec

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Fri Apr 29 03:51:34 MST 2005

On Apr 29, 2005, at 1:06 AM, Derek Smithies wrote:

> On the topic of implementing video, I note that openh323 has all the
> video
> display,grabber routines we need. And, Openh323 also has H261 (and
> h263)
> codecs. And, Openh323 video routines have been well tested/proven in
> Gnomemeeting.

Maybe all the routines that  you need, but not the routines that I
need.  Last I looked, openh323 video capture was only for Linux.  The
v4l interface is, of the three I want to support, the simplest.
(Quicktime is next, followed by Win32, where you have your choice of
two complicated interfaces to choose from).

>  I do not understand why you wrote your own SDL display code.

Were you going to write it for me?

-SteveK