[Asterisk-Dev] ast_find_ourip and sip?

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 11:52:27 MST 2005

> It needs the IP so that it can do matching based on what it sees in
> the SIP headers, and so that it can add proper Via headers and such
> on the way out.

Now that I think about it.. doing by hostname is WRONG.  Say you have
bob.domain.com with ip 1.2.3.4.  You setup a machine a new machine..
it just happens to have the same hostname bob in domain.com but has a
diffrent ip address of say 1.2.3.5.  We now do a lookup via hostname
bob.domain.com we get 1.2.3.4 right?  This is not the right thing to
do... and I can so think of wildcard DNS throwing a wrench in this
mess too. :P  OEJ do you have any input on this?

/b