[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip not working right

Asterisk List asterisk.list at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:37:48 MST 2005

As of now I am not sure if this is a "bug".  It might be a "-user"
list issue as Tom/Steve said.  Since this only happened after I
upgrade to the 4/19/05 CVS HEAD and I saw Tom's original thread here,
I followed up here.

My sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = default               ; Default context for incoming calls
[805]
type=friend
username=805
callerid=Name Deleted<805>
secret=deleted
mailbox=805
host=dynamic
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=yes
context=power-user
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
[806]
type=friend
username=806
callerid=Name Deleted <806>
secret=deleted
mailbox=806
host=dynamic
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=yes
context=international-user
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

As you can see, no "qualify=yes".  However all phones (Grandstream
BT100 and Sipura SPA-841) are programmed to re-register every 60
seconds.

Before upgrading, I was running CVS HEAD of 1/14/05 and had no problem.

The problem happened twice in 4 days.  It cannot be reliably
duplicated.  When the phones went offline, they were still trying to
register, but Asterisk no longer repsonded to the registration.  After
restarting Asterisk the phones came back online within 1 minute (due
to the 60 seconds re-register interval).

I have since added "qualify=yes" and will see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Jason Liao