[Asterisk-Dev] Re: IAX2 Spec?

Kenny Shumard kshumard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:56:22 MST 2005

>> I'm "that guy".  I have a rough draft of the complete spec 98% done
>> and will post it here for inspection and review within the next few
>> days. Please be patient while I finish incorporating input I received
>> from Mark and Kevin.
>
>Thank you for your time and efforts on this.  Does your recent patch include
>the trunking format changes?  I was going to attempt to add this in but I'd
>like to avoid duplicating work.
>
>-A.

Not sure if you're asking about the spec I'm writing, or the ethereal
patch I wrote and mentioned in another post.

The spec does include mention of both trunk timestamping methods, i.e.
Mark's original "1 timestamp for n trunked calls" method as well as
SteveK's "n+1 timestamps for n trunked calls" (1 timestamp for the
trunk + 1 timestamp per each call in the trunk).

The ethereal patch does not include support for dissecting IAX trunks.
Even the original trunking method isn't decoded entirely by ethereal
yet. I began working on this patch but got sidetracked writing the
spec -- perhaps I'll come back to it once the spec is complete.

~K