[Asterisk-Dev] How can receive frames of all channels?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 26 07:51:46 MST 2005

Dmb wrote:

> I am trying to develop CSTA interface. I am trying retrieve the frames (to determine state changes of a device) of all devices using app_myApp. I know the functions ast_waitfor(), ast_waitfor_n(), ast_waitfor_n_fd() and ast_waitfor_nandfds(). This functions need the param channel or list of channels. How can i receive all frames of all channels from an application? If I can use that functions how can i retrieve the list of channels for waitfor?

You cannot implement this as an Asterisk application; applications can
only deal with the channels they 'own', and they only run via the
dialplan (they are not background daemons that can monitor activity).

Your best bet to implement what you want will likely be the manager
interface, which already provides you events for nearly every action
that happens on all channels in the system.