[Asterisk-Dev] Question about wctdm.c

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Fri Apr 22 17:37:52 MST 2005

Robert Webb wrote:

>  I was perusing the wctdm.c code trying to understand it better as I
>  am still having issues with ringing on an fxs module. I am pretty
>  much able to follow the coding, even though I am certainly not a
>  programmer, and had a question about a particular line of code.
>
>  The line is:
>
>  wctdm_setreg(wc, card, 34, (3-card) * 8);
>
>  I am assuming this is the line of code sets register 34 on the
>  proslic to setup sinusodial ringing. What I have not been able to
>  figure out is where the value for "card" is defined.

Look at the function header:
static int wctdm_init_voicedaa(struct wctdm *wc, int card, int fast, int
manual, int sane) {

card is passed as an int from whatever functions call
wctdm_int_voicedaa().  A quick search reveals that wctdm_hardware_init()
is one of those, and you can probably follow most of the logic in there
as to how it figures card (it's using the variable 'x').

Nick