[Asterisk-Dev] Spanish sounds in voicemail, is this right in vm_intro_es ??

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Thu Apr 21 17:21:53 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 17:16 -0500, Moises Silva wrote:
>  Hi. Not sure about this. But i have been using some spanish sounds
> that i have downloaded some weeks ago (i dont remember where), and
> does not exists the sound 'vm-youhaveno.gsm', instead has the sounds
> 'vm-youhave.gsm' and 'vm-no.gsm' just as the english version does. I
> realized of this when asterisk started to hangup my calls to voicemail
> when i got the default language in spanish. The point here is, is
> correct that the function vm_intro_es in file apps/app_voicemail.c
> call the file 'vm-youhaveno' ???

The problem is that in enlgish is correct to say:

"you have" "no" "new messages"

But in spanish is not that correct:

"usted tiene" "ningun" "mensajes nuevos"

The correct way to say it is:

"usted no tiene" "mensajes nuevos"

Thats why you need a new sound that is not in the english default set.

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>