[Asterisk-Dev] Web Services for Asterisk

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Thu Apr 21 09:43:43 MST 2005

> I would like to make a significant part of my project be to expose
> asterisk via web services. My thoughts is that I'd run a separate web
> server (Tomcat) as the servlet engine, and have the web services on the
> back-end connect to asterisk.

What kind of functionality do you want to expose via those web services?
If it is mainly the kind of operation you can do via the Manager API
have a look at asterisk-java (http://asterisk-java.sourceforge.net).
I wrote it for easy connectivity to asterisk via FastAGI (easy
integration into the dialplan) and the Manager API (to get information
from asterisk, initate calls and the like). I am using a thin wrapper
around asterisk-java to make it available via JMS so putting another
wrapper around that exposes this functionality via web services is
probably quite easy.

> Any thoughts? This would all be open-source of course. :)

Some use cases you wish to support would help :)

=Stefan